Monday, December 24, 2007

HISTORY LESSON

I know I haven't put anything up here in over two weeks but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about Hidden City. Hidden City is a manifestation of everything that fascinates and interests me about London. I have been wandering around London with my camera as ever over the last few weeks, taking myself off to Kensal Green Cemetary in my lunch break last week. In fact, every time I see somewhere that I've not visited before and like it, there is the temptation to shoehorn it into the series but Dave Morris will be glad to hear that I've reined that in. London is such a rich place with so many churches, graveyards, nooks and crannies hidden away across it that I don't think I'll ever see everything. But discovering new things continues to be a source of amazement and wonder. So many people who live in a big city don't take the time to really explore it but they really should. In fact, here's a Christmas/ New Year challenge to consider: go and explore where you live, work or visit and leave a comment here about one thing you've discovered. You obviously don't have to but it would be interesting to find out what people have unearthed. Get exploring…

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Ok, this is like what I do all the time. On Christmas Eve, I took the children along Calaveras (in Spanish, "bones" or "skeleton") Road to find this abandoned pioneer cemetary: http://www.ghost-trackers.org/current_investigations5.htm but the trails were badly marked, so we never found it.

More recently, we took a hike in Almaden Quicksilver Park, and I wrote it up like a Fortean Times piece: http://www.daftmusings.com/?p=469
Maybe you and your readers will get a kick out of it.

December 31, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home